Yo Quiero My Ass - Mix Tape For Fast-Food Trips circa 1997

14 November 2007

Remember those late night fast-food trips?

The Taco Bell sign was visible from my front porch when I lived in Newark, CA in the Bay Area. For a few bucks, I could get 2 Burrito Supremes, 2 soft tacos and a drink. And it was always good.

So good, that I made a mix tape for the occasion. Remember the Chihuahua?

I know that this Taco Bell was within sight of my house, but driving, and driving music, was imperative. I hope you enjoy this mix.


Side A

  1. Hooray For Tuesday - The Minders
  2. Keep On Thinkin' - Sloan
  3. Uke Said It - Roy Smeck
  4. Melted Pat (Guided By Voices cover) - Shove
  5. 10,000 Buckets of Rain - Photon Band
  6. Soon - Squirrel Nut Zippers
  7. Sing You A Love You Song - Of Montreal
  8. More and More - The Minders
  9. Much Abliged - Pee Shy
  10. Suppose They Close The Door - Sloan
  11. 2:37am - Photon Band
  12. Rocket 58 - The Minders
  13. Topple Into My Fantasy - Richard Davies
Side B
  1. Dumb - Silver Sun
  2. Tomorrow Will Be Like Today - Money Mark
  3. Potato - Thumb Of The Maid
  4. Golden Skin - Silver Sun
  5. Jack-Ass - Beck
  6. Mini-Management - The High Llamas
  7. Pauline - The Minders
  8. The Suits Are Picking Up The Bill - Squirrel Nut Zippers
  9. Rock In The Rain - Money Mark
  10. People Are Leaving - Robert Pollard
  11. Hi-Ball Nova Scotia - The High Llamas
  12. O.K. Alright - The Digger$
  13. I Don't Wanna Know - Julian Lennon
A lot of these songs are still my favorites. The Guided By Voices remake Melted Pat by Shove is one of the better covers I have heard. Roy Smeck and his Ukulele grace this mix some tropical flavor. And who can resist the soothing sounds of The High Llamas.

I was able to capture a few songs and convert them to mp3. With every tape I dig up and document here in this blog, I am recovering lost music from my life. And in the process, I am sharing it with you. Enjoy.

0 comments:

 
Feed Shark