MMM...MMM...MMM - Songs That Bite Vol. 1 - Mix Tape

09 November 2007

Introductions will come later. First, a mix tape I made in 1994. With it's title, I feel it makes a perfect subject for my first post.



Side A
  1. You're My Drug - Dukes Of Stratosphere
  2. We'll Deal With You Later - The Beautiful South
  3. Faith, Hope - Food For Feet
  4. Break My Heart - Squeeze
  5. I Can See It In Your Eyes - Men At Work
  6. Do You Believe In God? - Fungo Mungo
  7. Either/Or - Ocean Blue
  8. Size Of A Cow - The Wonderstuff
  9. Poop Ship Destroyer - Ween
  10. Do You Right - 311
  11. Obscurity Knocks - Trashcan Sinatras
  12. September - David Sylvian
Side B
  1. Heartbeats Accelerating - Wailing Souls
  2. Book Of Rules - The Heptones
  3. Where's My Thing? - Rush
  4. Big Jilm - Ween
  5. Tequila - Food For Feet
  6. Dinner Bell - They Might Be Giants
  7. Bloodrush - Trashcan Sinatras
  8. Unhappy Birthday - The Smiths
  9. Walk Between Raindrops - Donald Fagen
  10. My Little Island - Brent Bourgeois
  11. Dogtown - Spent Poets
  12. Euro-Trash Girl - Cracker
  13. Hush - Jellyfish
Created by: MixMaster Matt on 6.7.1994
Cassette: TDK SA90 Dolby NR (cover is an XLII)

This tape has a lot of interesting emotions behind it. I found myself being tugged in different directions while typing out the song list. The name, Songs That Bite Vol. 1, holds true today. These songs definitely have some teeth. I felt love, loss, hurt, anger, adventure and inspiration all in a matter of seconds. Mix tapes sure can pack a wallop.

My Favorite Song: Where's My Thing? - Rush

I will be adding more tapes soon. Introductions will be next. Stayed tuned.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i saw this blog on a pownce post. You should check out http://www.fuzz.com/mixtapes/create they have this widget called a "deckorator" that lets bloggers upload music to make virtual mix tapes. after you upload the music you get a widget that looks exactly like a cassette tape that you can embed in your blog post. Its really nice plus it would be nice to listen to your mixes.

MixMaster Matt said...

I'm heading over to the site referred right away! This will be an awesome way to share the mixes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Matthew

blondecrazygurl said...

Hey Matt!!! It's Lyndsey! Anyways... I was listening to all your mixes and relised that you didnt make a little player for this mix and I was all sad! Ha... well, I think you should make one for this playlist =D. See ya at work sometime!!!

MixMaster Matt said...

Thanks for stopping by Lyndsey. :)
I will make a mix for this very soon. I found fuzz.com after this first post. It's an awesome site. Anyway, I will see you soon. Thanks again for the visit. I appreciate it.

MixMaster Matt

position normal said...

It's heartening to see cassettes still used. I think it's something to do with the fact that they look good. You still get the best analogue distortion and feedback on them.
x
position normal

 
Feed Shark