Eat At Mars - Mix Tape From Outer Space circa 1998

11 November 2007

Good Sunday Evening. Thanks to all who have visited and to all my friends and family who have blessed this blog over the last 2 or 3 days. This is turning into a lot of fun and a new favorite hobby. Re-discovering the music from my old tape mixes is awesome. The memories that some songs bring on are not always kind. But as I listen to and revisit these chunks of life, I feel as if they are finally passing through me and being set free of my emotional hold on them. Then, all that is left is the music.

Now, back to business. Get your spacesuit on and bring a full tummy, 'cause you'll need both!

EAT AT MARS




Thanks to gtl for the tip on this awesome mix tape tool. I will be using this often. I hope that you all enjoy listening to the mixes while you read or surf. Deck-O-Rator is a nifty music tool made by fuzz. I used my Technics M270X to computer set up to convert the songs to mp3, then uploaded them to fuzz.



Side A
  1. Half Mind - Jonny Polonsky
  2. Evil Scurvy Love - Jonny Polonsky
  3. Uh-Oh - Jonny Polonsky
  4. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry Over You - The Hi-Fives
  5. Time Is Now - The Hi-Fives
  6. No-No - The Hi-Fives
  7. It's Up To You - The Hi-Fives
  8. You're New Boyfriend - Moxy Fruvous
  9. Kick In The Ass - Moxy Fruvous
  10. Boo Time - Moxy Fruvous
  11. You Will Go To The Moon - Moxy Fruvous
  12. Dead In The Water - Supersuckers
  13. Non-Addictive Marijuana - Supersuckers
  14. Juicy Pureballs - Supersuckers
  15. Hangliders - Supersuckers
  16. The Ugly Truth - Matthew Sweet
  17. Gone Gone Gone - Echo & The Bunnymen
  18. Enlightened - Echo & The Bunnymen
  19. Never Coming Down (Part 1) - Spacehog
Side B
  1. Never Coming Down (Part 2) - Spacehog
  2. Pacer - The Amps
  3. UNKNOWN - Tall Dwarfs
  4. UNKNOWN - Tall Dwarfs
  5. UNKNOWN - Tall Dwarfs
  6. UNKNOWN - Tall Dwarfs
  7. UNKNOWN - Tall Dwarfs
  8. UNKNOWN - Tall Dwarfs
  9. Water Boy - Imperial Teen
  10. Butch - Imperial Teen
  11. Pig Latin - Imperial Teen
  12. Tippy Tap - Imperial Teen
  13. Copafeelia - Imperial Teen
  14. You're One - Imperial Teen
  15. Balloon - Imperial Teen
Created by: MixMaster Matt circa 1998
Cassette: Maxell UDII90
Cover: Collage and Pen

Wow, I am amazed at the selection of entrees at the buffet. Very unique and different cuisines, all rolled up into one plastic vessel. I got full about half way through Side B. But like Kobayashi, I kept sinking those dogs at the end.

There were some great tunes on this tape, however. Some of the Tall Dwarfs songs are worth posting this tape. In fact, I cannot name any of the Tall Dwarfs songs. If you can help with these, please let me know.

This tape also made me a fan of The Hi-Fives all over again. And how about Echo & The Bunnymen, sans Ian. Good stuff.

My Favorite Song: Kick In The Ass - Moxy Fruvous

Overall, this was a cleansing experience. I feel lighter. Maybe its the Mars food.

If you are interested in contributing your mix tape to this project or you would like to have your mix tapes converted to mp3 or CD, please email me. Thanks.


0 comments:

 
Feed Shark